Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Caeserea Philippi

I must admit, that with having a toddler on board, there were some sites that I had to miss as Micah napped on the bus. Trust me, it was better for EVERYONE on board if our little boy got some sleep! However, before I missed anything, I had to get my ever-so-wise father-in-laws permission first, because I did not want to miss anything life changing! :) Thankfully, my wonderful husband tag teamed with me though and was willing to stay back on a few sites that he had already seen on previous trips-that were must sees for me. Yes, Paul is the best!!

Caeserea Philippi was one of those sites that I had to miss. It is an ancient Roman city where a lot of pagan worship took place. It has one of the largest springs that feeds the Jordan River. Biblically, it is most famously known for being the location where Jesus met with his disciples and finally asked the question, “Who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:13-17).




The Akin crew (minus Anna and me who were watching our little ones on the bus).

The sweet Buster family.

No comments: