Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pisa

Everyone knows about the Leaning Tower of Pisa, so of course we had to go see it for ourselves. :) This was our last day trip that we took from Florence, but this time we took a train. The weather was much prettier than the day before, although still a little on the cool side.

Quick story...After admiring the tower, we ate a local pizzeria. At the restaurant, Micah kept saying "I go hide, I go hide". I knew this meant that he had to go "poo-poo", so I let him out of his high chair and he immediately crawls under our lunch table and did his thing. A little while later, I took him to the bathroom to change his diaper, and it was a complete blowout...all up his back through the sides of his diaper. It was a mess to say the least. Thankfully, the restaurant had a rather nice bathroom (which isn't always the case), so I was able to give him a mini-bath. I had packed an extra onesie (just in case something like this happened), but when I went to get it out, I noticed it was soaking wet. I thought maybe some juice had leaked on it, but it was even worse than that...yogurt! Sick, sick, sick. Don't get me wrong, I love yogurt, but I despise the smell and texture all over EVERYTHING in our backpack! Trying to get something besides carbs into my body, I had bought it that morning with every intention on eating it that day...but that obviously never happened. Instead, I spent a good while scrubbing our entire backpack and it's belongings. Needless to say, Micah went without his onesie, but thankfully the rest of his clothes somehow managed to stay clean :)
There it is...

Reading our trusty tour guide book by the one and only, Rick Steve's
One strong girl :)
Micah had to copy Sara.

1 comment:

Blair said...

Even though you've already told me about the restaurant poop and yogurt incident, your story still makes me laugh. I can only imagine you trying to clean everything in a foreign bathroom while Ry and Sara wait for you. Haha. Classic.