Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Old Kentucky Home

This past weekend the kids and I headed to Kentucky to attend my cousin's wedding shower and my sister-in-law's BABIES (she's having twins) shower. It truly was a whirlwind as we saw lots of family, a few friends, and also got to meet one of my good high school friend's little newborn. We packed a LOT into the weekend, but I wouldn't have traded any of it.

Here are a few highlights...I'll post pics of both the showers later.

We got to see our engaged friend's, Josh and Ashley. Josh is one of Paul's best friends from high school and Ashley is one of my best friend's from college. Ash is currently living with my parents until they get married in May. Micah had fun playing all kinds of sports with "Mr. Josh" and I throughly enjoyed catching up with Ash. Who would have ever known they'd be getting married...such a small world!

We grabbed a bite to eat with the other Akin crew. It's always so refreshing to see Tim, Anna, Levi, and Judah. I'm so thankful for them and love them so much. The two boys below are double trouble! I love watching them together. Sadly, I didn't more more pics of anyone else :(

We got many laughs at playing "Just Dance" on the Wii. Never could convince my Dad to get up there, but my Mom of course jumped right in! Most of the time, I totally got dominated by my sister, but will say I hold the crown to the Spice Girls song. Is that really something to be proud of!?!

And some exciting news is that our little girl is walking...well, WITH assistance. She can only stand on her own for about 4 seconds, but can push this little thing around all day long. I have a feeling it won't be too long until we have an independent walking girl. Boy, does time fly.

Last but not least, I was so thankful I got to go meet precious Madison. Her Mommy, Laura, is one of my dear friends and it was such a blessing to get to spend some time with them. Madison is so tiny and beautiful, and Laura is just a wonderful Mommy! They even had this cute little sign to welcome me into their home :)
Phew, I'm totally tired but am so thankful for a blessed weekend. We all missed Paul though and was glad to get home to see him!

No comments: