Saturday, March 21, 2009

Who Wants to be a...


There are several movies out in the theaters here that we have been waiting to see. All week Paul has been talking about going to see a movie, so last night we finally did. It was sort of a last minute thing, but thankfully we managed to get a sitter for our little one. I put him to bed and off we went. First we ate at a nice Italian restaurant, Mediterraneo, that we have been wanting to go to for sometime. And then on to our movie of choice for the evening...Slumdog Millionaire.

We had heard good things about it from several others, and it didn't let us down. We both loved the movie and highly recommend seeing it! It was very creative, touching, and intense. Throughout a few scenes I even noticed my body tensing up and my heart racing. I can't believe they almost didn't put this in the theaters-what were they thinking!?! 

Even though we don't live in India, it definitely hit a little closer to home now that we are living in a third world country. Seeing all the poverty, begging, fighting, dirty children, orphans, abuse, prostitutes, etc. had a much bigger impact on me than it probably would have in the States. Not to say it wouldn't have bothered me, but I just know it is much easier for me personally to "forget" that these things happen when I'm in America. All in all, we had a great night together and were thankful that Micah did this while we were away...

No comments: