Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Giraffe Center

I am pretty much obsessed with giraffes! One of the best parts of living in Africa is that they are everywhere! The first thing I bought when I moved here was a small wooden giraffe and I had to stop myself from buying a huge, life size one...maybe one day :) We also have a giraffe picture above our couch to match our giraffe printed cushions. Needless to say, I love them! So, when I found out that there is a place here to feed them, the Giraffe Center, I wanted to go right away. We ended up holding off and waiting until the Grandparents came to visit. I was so excited to see them and it was well worth the wait. It definitely met my expectations for sure! 
This is a hotel called Giraffe Manor where you can feed the giraffes from the breakfast table in the morning. 
Micah seeing his first giraffe!

Hello baby giraffe!
I decided to be brave and to try the "Giraffe Kiss"-it was an experience for sure!
The sweet giraffe with our family...
Bye for now. We'll definitely be visiting this place again.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

holy cow you are brave sister! cant believe that giraffe's kissed you right on the mouth :)

The Flippin family said...

Wow...A giraffe kiss! Yikes! I love the picture of the baby rhino! I agree, he is so ugly he's cute! Love you all and pray for you daily!

Unknown said...

Kari, I am not sure about you anymore. haha! Nose ring and now letting giraffes kiss you on the mouth. Just kidding! Love you!

Blair said...

Kari~ you got kissed by a flippin giraffe! That's not normal. But, I must say, I am a little jealous of your adventures in Africa. You look like you're having an amazing time. Can't wait to visit the animals again soon...