Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tea Farm

During the week away at Paul's classes, the wives also had a chance to met every morning for a few hours. This ended up being a very precious time as we had the opportunity to encourage one another, pray together, and just share our joys and struggles. It definitely served as a time of refreshing to me and I learned so much from the women. Another blessing was that a church from Raleigh, NC sent several ladies to do childcare during these sessions. Not only did they spoil our kids, but it also allowed each mom so much needed "personal" time. 

Although the men had classes all day long, our afternoons were usually free. We went shopping, got manicures and pedicures, rested, went on walks, and just hung out. One day we had the opportunity to go to a local tea farm. We were served tea while we learned the whole tea process, went on a tour of the property, and ended with lunch which was all home grown. Not only was the property gorgeous, but the food was absolutely delicious too! Overall, we had a great time and I want to go back!

When we arrived, we were greeted with this little monkey. Since we live in the city, this was actually the first one I've really seen since arriving in Africa...sad, I know!

The peaceful area where we were served lunch.
Micah admiring the ducks. Too bad he cannot say "quack" just yet! 
The bright green is the tea fields...they are such a pretty color!
Enjoying time with my little one.
My amazing mother-in-law who completely spoiled all of us :)
Our wonderful group of ladies for the week.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hello all,
I have enjoyed looking at all of the pictures that Dr. and Mrs. Akin sent to me, but now I have been able to read about some of those same pictures on your blog. I don't know how you let that giraffe kiss you!!! Yuk!!!
I would love to come and be a part of the childcare team sometime. I know that blesses all of you moms so much.
Tell Paul I said hello and kiss Micah for me. Love you all. Debbie