Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tis the Season

I'm a sucker for ALL things Christmas. First and foremost I'm so thankful that Jesus came to this earth as a baby, grew up and was tempted yet was without sin, took on death on a cross for my sins, but then was resurrected three days later. Ahhhh, so incredibly humbling and something I'll never truly understand. It definitely gives me an overwhelming since of joy and IS the reason we celebrate Christmas. Thank you Jesus.

There are also many worldly Christmas things I love and that get me into the Christmas spirit. A few would be: Christmas music, lights, trees, stockings, cookies, parties, etc. You get the point. Having children has only added to my love for the season as there are about a million different adorable Christmas outfits I'd love to buy them. Thankfully, I have a husband who keeps me in line and reminds me that they outgrow their clothes extremely quick and they really only can wear "Christmas" things for about a month. I'm also thankful for grandparents who shower their little grand babies with all kinds of adorable outfits and pajamas!
"Okay Mom. Enough with the hats. Get them off our heads please!"
Merry Christmas-Love the Akin's :)

No comments: