Tuesday, September 28, 2010

1st Pumpkin Carving

My incredibly sweet grandparents stopped by our new house for a few days while on the way back to their home in Florida. They were a HUGE help around our home. We kept them busy hanging things, organizing, putting furniture together, etc. I had to remind myself that they are in their 80's and not to work them too hard-you wouldn't know it by watching them! They were great :)

They also brought some pumpkins along with them. My Grandpa and Micah carved one together. It was Micah's first time to see this (well, really first time to see anything "Fall" related) and he was amazed at Grandpa's skills with the knife. My Grandpa tried to get Micah to help pull all of the seeds and gunk out of the pumpkin. I thought he'd love getting all messy and feeling the slimy seeds, but boy was I wrong. Micah took one handful out and was DONE. His face was priceless and he backed away as if he was scared of it. Needless to say, he sat back and was quite a good spectator.
My sweet lil' pumpkins :)
Thanks Grandpa and Shirley for a wonderful few days together! LOVE YOU

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I have loved all these grandparent posts! They are priceless!