Friday, September 10, 2010

Mom Caldwell

Until recently, I had never lost a family member or really dealt with a death of anyone close to me. Well, that has all changed in the past two months and has made me realize that this life is truly fleeting and our only hope comes in Christ alone.

We arrived in Florida and the next morning we were planning on driving about an hour to visit my Grandma and my Great-Grandma (Mom Caldwell). I hadn't seen either of them since we had returned to the States and I couldn't wait for them to meet our newest addition. However, our plans quickly changed as my Grandma called us that morning telling us that Mom Caldwell had passed away. She was 105 years old, YES 105!! Can you believe it? She stayed relatively healthy until the end and still beat people in card games. I was so blessed to have known her for 25 years and will miss her dearly.

My heart really hurts more for my Grandma, who spent almost everyday with her Mom. She was so great with her and I'm sure in some ways she won't know what to do with the time she used to spend with her Mom. To get my Grandma's mind off of her loss, we invited her to spend a few days with us at my parent's condo in FL. We enjoyed getting some quality time with her and only wish it could happen more often.

Thankfully, we were able to introduce Micah to Mom Caldwell during the summer of 2008 (before we moved overseas) and got a 5-generation picture taken. Believe it or not, we didn't plan on matching, it just happened. She was 103 yrs old at this time and I forever will treasure this picture :)

Here are a few pics from this trip in Florida-We love you Grandma!

No comments: