Saturday, June 19, 2010

Licky Licious

We celebrated our 4 year anniversary this year with a little girl at our side. Our friends were sweet and watched Micah for us so that Paul and I could go out for dinner to celebrate. After dinner we went and walked along one of our favorite streets. I made us pass up our favorite ice cream store in order to try a new place I'd heard of called "Licky Licious". This place was supposed to have cupcakes and ice cream...but to be honest, I just thought the name was catchy :) Well, we were quite disappointed when we walked in and the cupcakes didn't look all that fresh and the ice cream selection was quite slim. After looking over the menu, we both decided on a peanut butter vanilla milkshake. As we waited, I occasionally would glance over to watch them make our shakes. At one point I saw a guy cutting up a bunch of bananas, but I assumed it was for another customer's order. However, I knew something was shady when I saw them pour some sort of vanilla flavoring (NOT ice cream) into our cups followed by heavy cream. They handed us our drinks and sure enough, there was chunks of bananas in them...if you know Paul you will find that humorous since he absolutely HATES fruit. Not only that, but there was zero peanut butter flavor to be tasted, which made me one sad girl. After taking a few sips and literally gagging, we decided to toss them. We both came to the conclusion that maybe they got our order wrong??? However, we will never know as we will not be going back...unless it is for the soul purpose of teaching them how to properly make a milkshake! I was a little perturbed as myself for making us go there and missing out on a good dessert for the evening...but I guess it does make a good memory :)

And let me just say how incredibly thankful I am to be married to such a godly man. I love how we can talk for hours and still have more to talk about! He is hilarious and there truly is never a dull moment when he is around. He is just amazing and I look forward to spending many more years together. Okay, I could go on and on...but I'll spare you ;) I love you Paul!
Love seeing these two together :)
Oh Licky Licious, how I do not like you...but I do like this picture!

1 comment:

Blair said...

Hilarious! I can only imagine the comments that existed Paul's mouth that night at Licky Licious. We can make up for your anniversary dessert with Graeter's once you get to town :)