Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Eat Mor Chikin"

When I was pregnant with Micah, I never really thought I had any huge "cravings", however, I often found myself eating at Chick-fil-a. I especially loved their Diet Lemonade. Recently, I had the opportunity to attend a leadership conference here in Jordan lead by Chick-fil-a. They did a great job, however, they showed slides and slides of their food, but didn't bring us any. :( Ever since then, I have really been craving their chicken nuggets. Unfortunately, the closest Chick-fil-a to me is around 8,000 miles away from me. Thankfully, a friend of mine sent me the "copycat" recipe, so I thought I'd try them out. I was surprised to see one of their secret ingredients was powdered sugar. Who knew? I tweaked it a bit because it called for wayyyy too much salt, but they still turned out pretty good.




On a side note...I tried to make french fries in our gas oven to go along with the nuggets, but they wouldn't cook. It was so frustrating. Lately, I have had many problems with our oven. I cooked brownies recently, and turned the temperature all the way up to the highest setting, and it still took me an hour and a half to cook them. Needless to say, we were a bit late to the place we were going to that evening. I finally bought an internal thermometer and found that the highest temperature is only getting to 300 degrees F...and since most of my recipes call for 350-425 degrees F, it would make perfect sense why NOTHING has been cooking well. We recently got a new gas tank, so it has to be another problem. We need to get our guard to take a look at it. Anyway, eat some Chick-fil-a for us today and enjoy every bite!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Kari...I just found your blog! I was SUPER excited, just so you know. I hope y'all are having a great day!