Friday, October 16, 2009

A Smokin' Birthday...

...Literally! Last week was Paul's 26th birthday and we finally got to go out on a date to celebrate! Yay! It was much overdue and we loved every minute of it. Thanks to our good friend, Katie, for coming over to babysit Micah-thankfully he slept most of the time for her!

We decided to try a local Italian restaurant called Romano's, that was recommended by a friend. The food was delicious, but the only negative part was that it was a smoking restaurant. When we first walked in, it was inevitable to inhale smoke. So, I asked the host for a nonsmoking section, and the guy just stared at me like "ummm...what's that!?!" Ughhh. That made me a tad frustrated, but I tried to ignore it. I did fine until the end of dinner when I looked around and saw EVERY table surrounding us lit up. And these people finish one and just light up another. I was seriously breathing through my napkin. The food was delicious though and we had a wonderful time together. We split dessert which was a chocolate fondue with strawberries, bananas, and marshmallows. Yummy :) I just love date nights...and am so thankful that birthdays give us an excuse to go out in town!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kari, you look SO good...haven't aged a bit since college. so good. and your nosering is hottt :) love you!!