Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas



                                             


Call me Scrooge, but I'm still having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit.  Maybe because it is 80 degrees+. I am literally "dreaming" of a white Christmas this year! My only hope is Turkey because we know in Africa it is impossible! I guess according to Kevin Garnett "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE" :) But seriously, I have to make myself turn on Christmas music, and that is just sad. Normally, I am dying to turn it on can't get enough of it. I would listen to it in my car, in my work foyer, in the kitchen while cooking or doing dishes, etc. One of the best feelings is when you turn your radio on and hear that FIRST Christmas song! Gosh I miss those days. I also miss bundling up in my coat, gloves, and hat and drinking Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Starbucks. Yum!! 

Well, to celebrate the Christmas season (and to help me get into the Christmas spirit), we took Micah to see Santa--"Black Santa" is what we like to call him. Micah had the privilege of sitting on Santa's lap, getting his picture made, and receiving his first present from Santa. He didn't cry, but he was not quite sure what to think of everything. Black Santa and his Elves sure did love having a "Muzungu" (white) baby around! It was a wonderful memory and such a fun day together as a family! 

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Im so glad that Micah got to see Santa even in Africa! Sorry you cant get in the spirit... just keep thinking of how wonderful the holidays always are and I am sure it will come... at least in 22 days :)

Teresa said...

Whoever would have thought you would be so far away for Christmas!?! Just remember who we are celebrating and that it was probably warm when Christ was born, too.
These pictures will be fun for Micah someday! We love and miss you more than you could ever know. Mommy