Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

It is hard to believe Easter has come and gone. We had a great Easter here in Kenya but of course we missed our churches and families back home. The day brought back many memories of our traditions with our families and it was fun to think back to the old days. I will say, I definitely enjoyed the quietness of this crazy city and it truly enabled me to reflect on Christ's death and resurrection. The city here pretty much shuts down from Good Friday-Monday. Although it was annoying when we were trying to run errands, we actually really appreciated that they take this holiday seriously. People go back to their villages to spend Easter with their families, so the traffic was wonderful! I wish it could be like this all year!! 

A couple of weeks ago we received an Easter package from a Kindergarten Sunday School class back home that have been praying for us while we are overseas. They have been so faithful in sending us cards for Christmas, Valentines, Easter, and just because. These cards are always adorably decorated by five year olds and always have scripture attached to them. I display them throughout the house as they are so encouraging to me. Here are just a few of the cards...

On Friday, we were home and looked out our window to see this...

Yes, the Easter Bunny! But it may be the creepiest Easter Bunny EVER...however, I just had to get a picture of Micah with him. I don't blame Micah for being scared-I was too!

Here are a few Easter pics after church while at lunch. 



HAPPY EASTER!!

2 comments:

Blair said...

You, my dear, are precious. I just love reading about your life in Africa and enjoy all the great pictures as well. What a creepy Easter Bunny for sure! Sounds like you had a great day though. We missed you here, but are thinking of you often. Don't forget, some bunny loves you!

Rachel Rainer said...

That bunny is so creepy! I can't believe you let that bunny hold Micah... haha! He is never going to sit on an Easter Bunny's lap again. Love you!