Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Turkeys, Turkeys, Turkeys

Well, I don't know about you, but we are in full swing of this whole turkey thing ;) Our house has been invaded by them this year and I'm loving it.

Last week we went over to a neighbors for a play date and she had made the cutest little turkeys for the kids to eat.  

Ummm...can you say, delicious!?!

She also had stuff for each of the kids to make a pine cone turkey--which I thought turned out perfect!

This isn't exactly a turkey, but I couldn't pass up sharing his scarecrow.
Micah's school Bible verse is Psalm 118:1 "Oh give thanks to the Lord; for He is good." This year, we've really tried to talk to Micah about "thankfulness"--especially to be thankful for what the Lord has done for us and provides for us. I recently asked him what he was thankful for and this was his response, "toys, chocolate milk, regular milk, movies, school..." Oh, you sure can tell, our teaching is clicking. Haha.


I'm in shock it's already November 16th. I'm trying to slow the clock down so I can really soak up the holidays. I feel like I'm going to blink and they will be over. We leave Monday for a wonderful week in NC with Lottie and Granddaddy. Our family jokes around and call their house the "holiday house"--it just has a special holiday feel about it. Oh, how we cannot wait to get there!

No comments: