Monday, February 23, 2009

My African "Toto"

The word for baby in Swahili is "mtoto", aka "toto".  Micah sure makes a cute African one dressed in full gear :) Whenever I go to the Markets around here, it never fails that I come home with something I didn't intend on buying. This lovely African outfit is a perfect example. A lady kept on begging me to buy it from her, so I eventually gave in-mostly just so she would leave me alone. It only cost me 50 shillings (which is less than a dollar), so I was not too upset with the purchase. I bought it several months ago and had forgotten about it until I recently ran across it in Micah's closet. I could tell it was getting way too small for him, so I thought I had better get some pictures while I could. I especially love his little diaper hanging out.

4 comments:

Rachel Rainer said...

The outfit is so stinkin cute! I LOVE IT! He is the cutest African baby I have ever seen. ha!

Lauren Williams said...

look at you with your blog! you are so good. Im glad you and paul got to go out for "love day". It sounded so fun! Micah is so cute. i was looking at our pics from when you were here, he has grown so much. Brandt and jill come next week, im sure well be talking about you guys alot! love you

The Flippin family said...

What a cute picture! Isn't it amazing how fast these little boys grow! Our eldest, Wyatt, is growing like a weed. Love y'all and are praying for you daily! - Stephanie

Leah F said...

What a cute little guy! I just found your blog through Anna's--hope you don't mind:-) You, Paul and Micah are often in our prayers!